We believe it can.
To demonstrate, perhaps you’ll lend me your imagination for a minute or two…
With me so far?
Now, imagine you’ve positioned digital signage displays in various high footfall locations within each centre.
Now you’re wondering whether these digital displays can deliver anything more than simple product advertisements. So you begin to imagine some other possibilities for each environment…
• Later in the morning the senior citizens are outnumbered by young parents and their children… now you’ve programmed the signs to display SUVs from a local distributor (generating yet more revenue) and a ‘3 for 2’deal for kids’ tee-shirts from the centre’s department store;
• Mid-afternoon – schools empty and the centre fills with teens… and now the signs display ads for smartphones, movies and soft drinks;
• You also decide to display QR codes linking to a discount vouchers app. The vouchers can be redeemed at the centre’s restaurant during quieter times. Consequently, food sales increase;
• Because of the increased footfall created by your digital signs, a coffee franchise pays you to install a touchscreen digital display at the far end of the centre so they can take coffee orders from customers who wish to avoid queuing when they arrive at the outlet 5 minutes later;
• Adjacent to the centre’s main entrance you’ve located a digital sign displaying a map of the centre. It’s another touchscreen display. A male visitor touches the screen. An on-screen keyboard appears, allowing him to type the name of the product he’s thinking of purchasing. He types ‘men’s shoes’ and a list of outlets appears, with photos and details for each store. One features a video offering 25% off of a brand the visitor particularly likes, so he chooses to visit that outlet. The display then provides him with a route to the store. And the result? Another sale to another satisfied customer.
Thanks for lending me your imagination.
So, what do you think? Too far-fetched? Possible, perhaps, but 2, 5 or 10 years away?
Wrong! We’re developing such solutions for clients right now. In real business settings.
You don’t have to be the manager of a shopping centre, either! S&L Digital Signage can develop a digital strategy that’s tailored specifically for you in your particular business environment.
We can even help you with content management and hosting, too.
Would you like more information?
• Download the 'Digital Signage Applications for Retail - Special Report' below
• Visit our website digitalsignagewa.com.au
• Get in touch to chat with a consultant or book a demonstration.
S&L Digital Signage – connecting you to the future, today.
by Darrel Griffin, Signs & Lines' Business Development Manager. S&L Digital Signage is a division of Signs & Lines.