This article is a great read and highly recommended if you're looking for more information on new display display screen technologies that are allowing digital signs in outdoor applications perform even better.
We particularly like the section about pricing. Outdoor display technology is no different from most technologies – in that there’s always a cheaper option somewhere. But the old saying about “getting what you pay for” rings true!
There are also some key pointers about what to think about when researching outdoor and high brightness displays:
- Is it truly bright enough to be readable in daylight?
- Will people wearing sunglasses see the visuals properly, because the displays handle polarization properly?
- What is the pedigree – the experience, history and size – of the supplier?
- How does the manufacturer or supplier validate the display‘s engineering? Do they have labs where things like thermal temperatures and sun-loading are tested?
- What’s the warranty period and the life-cycle of the product?
- Are there spare part depots in the region, or at minimum, in the country?
- What’s in place for vandalism protection, and for the security of the screens and particularly the media players inside enclosures?
Happy reading! Speak to us today about any of these questions, we'd be delighted to help you create your next outdoor digital display sign.
+61 8 9274 5151